|Job Title||Branch Administrator, RN|
***$15,000 SIGN-ON BONUS***
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Branch Administrator is responsible for the overall direction of the hospice services. He/she is responsible for the employment of qualified hospice personnel; is responsible for the provision of hospice services, directly, and the delegation to and coordination of hospice personnel evaluations; is responsible for establishing standards of care to comply with federal and state regulations and guidelines. The Branch Administrator establishes, implements and evaluates goals and objectives for hospice services that meet and promote the standards of quality and contribute to the total organization and philosophy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Operational planning and budgeting.
2. Ensuring organizational compliance with legal, regulatory and accreditation requirements.
3. Assures that all business conduct is above the minimum standards required by law and will not condone any activities that achieve results through violation of the law, unethical business or patient care practices.
4. Monitoring business operations to insure financial stability.
5. Evaluating hospice services and personnel using measurable outcomes and objectives.
6. Conflict and complaint management and resolution.
7. Establishing and maintaining effective channels of communication including integration or technology, as applicable.
8. Ensuring hospice personnel stay current with clinical information and practices.
9. Ensuring adequate and appropriate staffing.
10. Staff development including orientation, in-service, continuing education, competency testing and quality assessment performance improvement.
11. Ensuring that interdisciplinary care is provided.
12. Ensuring supportive services are available to personnel.
13. Ensuring coordination with other departments, services and senior management, as appropriate.
14. Ensuring staff and organization stay current on local and national hospice issues and trends.
15. Ensuring that appropriate service policies and procedures are developed and implemented to accomplish identified outcomes.
16. Directing staff in performance of their duties including admission, discharge, transfer, revocation, and provision of service to patients.
17. Ensuring appropriate staff supervision during all service hours.
18. Monitoring service utilization to ensure delivery of comprehensive care.
19. Ensuring services provided by other agencies are authorized by hospice.
20. Monitoring operational progress toward accomplishing operational and strategic goals.
21. Ensuring appropriate data collection and regular, complete reports are received by the Governing Body.
22. Ensuring adequate space, equipment and supplies are available.
23. Ensuring actionable objectives are derived from evaluation of hospice services and personnel.
24. Ensuring that structure and systems promote interdisciplinary care
25. Ensuring collaboration with agencies and vendors for effective management of services.
26. Ensuring standards of ethical business and clinical practice are maintained
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
1. Registered nurse in the State with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the State.
2. Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited program by the National League for Nursing preferred. Master's degree in hospice preferred.
3. Three years of management experience in a hospice or related health care organization.
4. Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct professional and administrative personnel.
5. Ability to market and deal tactfully with customers and the community.
6. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or Organization requirements and is in good working order.
7. Has excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills.
8. Knowledge of business management, governmental regulations and ACHC standards.
9. Effective social interaction, communication and organizational skills and the ability to perform a variety of tasks efficiently.