|Job Title||Billing/Collections Manager|
Job Description Summary
The billing/collections manager is responsible for the accurate and timely completion and submission of Medicare, Medicaid, private payer and patient billing, and accounts receivable tracking and follow-up.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Accurately enters patient billing data, including visit charges and supply charges, into the information system.
- Accurately processes and bills Medicare, Medicaid, private payer and patient claims in accordance with payer requirements and organization policy.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly billing and accounts receivable reports.
- Maintains accurate Medicare and Medicaid billing analysis reports.
- Maintains complete and accurate billing and accounts receivable records.
- Prepares Medicare, Medicaid, private payer and patient remittances for data entry.
- Alerts appropriate management team members regarding late or missing documents required for billing.
- Assists with the collection of receivables by monitoring accounts receivables, resubmitting bills to overdue accounts, and alerting the billing manager of seriously overdue accounts.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with payers and
- Maintains the confidentiality of patient and organization information at all times.
- Performs other specific projects relating to billing, data entry, and computer operations
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- At least two (2) years experience in health care data entry, preferably in hospice care systems.
- At least one (1) year of previous health care related billing experience, preferably in hospice care billing.
- Is a high school graduate or equivalent, two (2) years college preferred.
- Effective social interaction, communication and organizational skills and the ability to perform a variety of tasks efficiently.
- Personal car for travel and valid driver’s license.
- Carry personal auto liability insurance coverage.
- Attention to detail