|Job Title||Staff Accountant|
Job Title/Position: Staff Accountant
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing the transaction accounting and asset accounting functions of the organization including general ledger management, accounts payable management, payroll management, and financial reporting.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Manages all daily accounting operations and accounting information systems including general ledger functions, accounts payable functions, payroll functions, asset accounting and financial reporting.
- Ensures financial record systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and in compliance with local, state, federal laws and regulations and ACHC accreditation standards.
- Assists the CFO in the preparation of the annual budget and prepares budget variation reports.
- Protects the assets of the organization through effective internal controls, internal auditing, and direct supervision of accounting operations.
- Manages and controls cash disbursements through an effective accounts payable system.
- Prepares and files periodic financial statements for the Director of Finance.
- Gathers, collates, and reports key statistics through the effective utilization of
- Provides suggestions in strategic financial planning including identifying opportunities for improved fiscal viability.
- Assists the Director of Finance in the preparation of the annual Medicare cost report.
- Prepares and reports all applicable federal, state and local taxes.
- Manages payroll practices and assures compliance with state and federal regulations, including wages, salaries and benefit regulations.
- Prepares all requested documentation for annual internal and external audits.
- Maintains patient and organization confidentiality at all times.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in health care accounting management preferably in hospice care operations. Information systems knowledge required.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct professional and administrative personnel.
- Knowledge of corporate business management, governmental regulations and ACHC standards.
- Demonstrates good communications and public relations skills.
- Effective social interaction and organizational skills and the ability to perform a variety of tasks efficiently.
- Personal car for travel and valid driver’s license.
- Carry personal auto liability insurance coverage.