|Job Title||Volunteer Coordinator|
|Location||Cape Girardeau, Missouri|
Job Title/Position: Volunteer Coordinator
Reports To: Branch Administrator/Program Director
Job Description Summary
Responsible for planning, coordinating, and managing all volunteer program activities in the organization.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain volunteer training and orientation program.
- Recruits, educates, and selects volunteers from at least three (3) recruitment sessions a year.
- Establish a need for volunteer services with the patient and family/caregiver and entire hospice team.
- Supervise and evaluate volunteers in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Maintains monthly statistics.
- Maintains current personnel files.
- Reevaluate volunteer program as necessary.
- Coordinate support/education meetings.
- Attends interdisciplinary group meetings.
- Provides information to individuals and community groups about hospice volunteer services.
- Participates as needed in the budget preparation for program development.
- Actively participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
- Accepts and performs other related duties and responsibilities.
- College degree, advanced degree in human services preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in a health care setting. Hospice and/or volunteer experience preferred.
- Ability to supervise, coordinate, and evaluate volunteer services.
- Understands hospice philosophy.
- Ability to organize and develop volunteer hospice personnel for both patient and organizational needs.
- Ability to manage a group of individuals providing volunteer time and who will be
- Effective social interaction, communication and organizational skills and the ability to perform a variety of tasks efficiently.
- Personal car for travel and valid driver’s license.
- Carry personal auto liability insurance coverage.